|Phone||:||+91-135 - 2524105|
|Designation||:||Scientist/Engineer - SG|
|Field of Expertise||:||Geoinformatics, 3D visualization, Spatial Data Infrastructure and RS policies|
Programme Planning and Evaluation Group
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing
ISRO, Govt. of India
4, Kalidas Road, PB - 135
Dehradun- 248001 INDIA
- NRIS Project of Andaman & Nicobar Islands with a special focus on development and management of forest resources(DOS Project)
- Biodiversity Information System under DOS-DBT National Project
- Integrated Mission for Sustainable Development for part of the districts of U.P.
- Consultancy work on ‘Irrigation Command Area Development for Jamuna Command Area in Assam.
- Health GIS, 3D Visualization, Spatial Data Infrastructure and Remote Sensing Policies
- Indian Society of Remote Sensing (Life Member)
- Indian Society of Geomatics (Life Member)
- Indian Association of soil & Water Conservationists (Life Member)
- Indian National Cartographic Association (Life Member)
- B.E. - Civil Engineering 77.7% Mysore University 1984
- M.Tech - Remote Sensing 73% Anna University 1987
- Cert. - Geographical Information System ITC, The Netherlands 1995
- Jan 2011 - Till date Scientist SG
- July 2004- Dec 2010 Scientist SF
- July 1998 - June 2004 Scientist SE
- Jan 1993 - June 1998 Scientist SD
- April 1988 - Dec 1992 Scientist SC
- November 1987 - April 1988 Scientist, Birla Institute of Technology
- January 1987 - October 1987 Research Associate, Institute of Remote Sensing, Anna University, Chennai
- October 1984 - May 1985 Site Engineer, SRKC, Visakha Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam
- Secretary, ISPRS Technical Commission Working Group VI/4 on “Joint Education Programs for Cross Border Education” 2008 -2012
- Secretary, Indian Society of Remote Sensing, 2010-12
- Treasurer, Society of Remote Sensing, 2008-10
- Project Manager, IIRS EDUSAT Distance Learning Program, one of its kind in India for the first time
- Project Manager, IIRS-ITC, the Netherlands Joint Education Program
- Course Director, Master of Science Program in Geoinformatics, IIRS-ITC JEP
- P.L.N. Raju, V.K. Dadhwal, Mamta Verma, C. Jeganathan, Minakshi Kumar (2008), “Indian Experiences for University level Capacity Building in Geomatics using Edusat Satellite” International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol. XXXVII. Part B6a. Beijing 2008, pp 229-234, ISSN 1682-1750.
- Krishna Prasad Bhandari, PLN Raju and B. S. Sokhi (2008), “Application of GIS Modeling for Dengue Fever Prone Area based on Socio-Cultural and Environmental Factors –A case study of Delhi City Zone” International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol. XXXVII. Part B8. Beijing 2008, pp 165-170, ISSN 1682-1750.
- R.R. Okhandiar, P.L.N. Raju and W. Bijker (2008), “Neighborhood Correlation Image Analysis Technique for Change Detection in Forest Landscape” International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol. XXXVII. Part B8. Beijing 2008, pp 1031-1038, ISSN 1682-1750.
- Jeganathan, C., Yogita Rawat, Ram Mohan Rao K. Raju,P.L.N. and Dadhwal, V.K., 2008, “PRISM approach with GIS environment for rainfall interpolation in the mountainous terrain of Uttarakhand region in India”, Journal of Geomatics, Vol. 2, No. 2
- R. Nijaganappa, Sulochana Shekhar, B. Gurugnanam, P.L.N. Raju and Prabir De, 2007, “Road network analysis of Dehradun city using high resolution satellite data and GIS”, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol. 35, No. 3.
- Sameer Saran, Amit Bharti, Geert Sterk and P.L.N. Raju, 2007, “Comparing and optimizing land use classification in a Himalayan area using parametric and non parametric approaches” Journal of Geomatics, Volume 1, No. 1, April 2007
- Sameer Saran, Hitendra Padalia, R.P.Tupe, Harish Chandra Karanatak and P.L.N. Raju, 2006, “Assessing Performance of Granulometric Method for Individual Tree Counting (ITC)”, International Journal of Geoinformatics Volume 2, Number 2.
- M.B. Chandrashekhar, Sameer Saran, P.L.N. Raju and P.S. Roy, 2004. Forest canopy density stratification: How relevant is biophysical spectral response modeling approach, Geocarto International, 20 (1), 1-7.
- 3D GIS for Planning Water Conservation Structure and Surface Analysis – A case study of IIRS Campus, P.L.N. Raju C. Jeganathan and E.V. Anup., Proceedings of ESRI Sixth User conference, January 2003, New Delhi
- Comparative study of Object Oriented Classification Approach with the conventional method for interpreting High Resolution Images. C.Jeganathan, Gautham Bist, Eva Sinha, P.L.N. Raju and P.S. Roy, Asian Journal of Geoinformatics, Vol.3, No.2, December 2002.
- A Geographic Information System Approach to Evaluation of Groundwater Potentiality of Shamri Micro-watershed in the Shimla Taluk, Himachal Pradesh B.C. Sarkar, B.S. Deota, P.L.N. Raju and D.K. Jugran, IJRS, Vol.29, No.3, September 2001.
- Characterisation of Malaria Vector Habitats using Remote Sensing and GIS. C. Jeganathan, S.A. Khan, Ramesh Chandra, H.Singh, V. Srivastava and P.L.N. Raju, JISRS, Vol. 29, No. 1&2, March & June 2001.
- Highway route alignment using GIS and GROTES Algorithm. P.L.N.Raju, Ravishankar, M.V.A.D., Lakhera R.C. International Conference on Remote Sensing and GIP/GPS (ICORG – 97), JNTU, Hyderabad, June 18-21, 1997.
- ‘Application of GIS in Flood Alarming and Flood Hazard area zoning’ Int. Conf. On ‘Operationalisation of Remote Sensing’, K.H.V. Durga Rao, P.L.N. Raju, P. Sharma, ITC, Netherlands, August 16-20, 1999.
- Estimation of suspended sediment load in Upper lake, Bhopal using Remote Sensing Techniques”. P.L.N. Raju, A.K.Chakraborti and Deshpande CV (1993). Proceedings of National symposium on remote sensing applications for resource management with special emphasis on north Easter Region, Guwahati, Nov. 25-27, 1993.
- Remote Sensing in Water Resources, A.K.Chakraborti, V.V.Rao, P.L.N. Raju and Hari Prasad 1993, Proceedings of the Silver Jubilee seminar on Training and Education in Remote Sensing for Resource Management pp 108-116, 1993..
- Geographical Information System, Reference Material, Volume 1, Indian Institute of remote Sensing, 1996.
- Run-off and soil loss estimation in Karso Watershed using Agriculture Non-Point Source Model”. P.L.N.Raju, Hari Prasad V. A Text book on “Remote Sensing Applications edited by M.G. Srinivas, Narosa Publishing House, ISBN 81-7319-404-1.
- V.K. Dadhwal & P.L.N. Raju, 2006. “Geoinformatics technological trends – expanding to diversified application areas” Proceedings of National Conference on Geo-informatics” held at VPM Polytechnic, Thane during December 8-9, 2006.
- 3D GIS for Planning Water Conservation Structure and Surface Analysis – A case study of IIRS Campus, P.L.N. Raju C. Jeganathan and E.V. Anup., Proceedings of ESRI Sixth User conference, January 2003, New Delhi.
- Application of Integrated Remote Sensing & GIS based approach in Sedimentalogy; Mahendru K., P.L.N. Raju, K.H.V. Durga Rao, Pratap D. Neema R.K.. 16th Convention of Indian Association of Sedimentalogy, pp 84-85, October 24-20, 1999. Jammu.
- Training opportunities in remote sensing applications to Water Resources Development in India, S.K.Bhan, S. Jonna, P.L.N. Raju and Dr. K.V.S.Badrinath was presented at International seminar on Education and Training in Water Resources in Developing countries held at Aurangabad, India during December 4-8 1989.
- P.L.N. Raju, V.K.Dadhwal and C. Jeganathan, 2007, “GIS Education and Training at Indian Institute of Remote Sensing”, GIS Development Asia Pacific, Mach 2007, Vol 11, Issue 3.
- P.L.N. Raju and V.K. Dadhwal, 2006. “IIRS launches satellite (EDUSAT) based training for the first time on Remote Sensing, GIS and GPS”, Contact – Volume 8, No.2 September 2006.
- C. Jeganathan and P.L.N. Raju, 2006, Successful completion of third batch (2004-05) Master of Geoinformatics & Future Collaboration between IIRS and ITC, Contact Newsletter of IIRS March 2006.
- C. Jeganathan and P.L.N. Raju, 2006. “Geoinformatics Educational Program”, A souvenir on “40 years and Beyond, IIRS & ITC Collaboration in Capacity Building”
- P.L.N.Raju, C. Jeganathan, Sameer Saran, Vandita Srivastava, Ram Mohan Rao and V.K. Dadhwal, 2005 Research Development in Geoinformatics – Role of IIRS, ISG Newsletter, Vol.10, No.4 & Vol.11, No.1. Issue Dec 2004 & March 2005, page 41-53
- P.L.N. Raju, C. Jeganathan and V.K. Dadhwal, 2004 “Geoinformatics Training & Education in India – approach of IIRS”, Geospatial Today, Vol 3 Issue 4, Nov - Dec 2004
- P.L.N.Raju and C. Jeganathan, “Master of Science course in Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation at IIRS (NRSA) – successful completion of first of its kind” Contact Newsletter of IIRS, March 2004.
- Rich experience in capacity building activities at national and International level
- Responsible to implement EDUSAT based distance Learning Program at University level by training more than 3000 students in three years time
- Specialized in Geoinformatics Science and conducting Masters programs