The decision maker course aims at enhancing the knowledge of planners and decision makers on use Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System (GIS) and related technologies in governance for effective planning and decisions making
Course Title- Remote Sensing: An Overview for Decision Makers
Course Duration- 4 Days
Latest Course Duration- April 10-13, 2023
Last Date To Apply- 28th March 2023
Participants are expected to be senior professional/ managers, project leaders, planners or policy makers from different fields, such as agriculture, forestry, water resources, environment and ecology, disaster management, meteorology, geography, economics, urban, oceanography etc.
Highlights of the Course
- Current trends in Remote Sensing & Geospatial technology;
- Remote Sensing data, institutions and Policies; open sources data and software;
- Operational Remote Sensing Applications in Natural Resources Management;
- Demonstration on close range photogrammetry, Bhuvan and open source software;
- Disaster monitoring and management;
- Multi-disciplinary applications of geospatial technology;
- Recent trends in geospatial applications
- Case studies/ Demonstration;
- Geospatial technologies in governance.
Mode of Training
There will be interactive sessions and demonstrations in IIRS campus by senior and experienced Scientists of IIRS, ISRO and other knowledge Institutions. The contents of the course will be focused on demonstrative case studies and success stories using advanced geospatial technologies in various thematic domains.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants are requested to send the scan copy of their application form, duly signed and forwarded by the controlling authority / institution along with the course fee through e-mail at gitdloffice[at]iirs[dot]gov[dot]in
Officers of All India Services having 3 years of experience (OR) Senior official/functionaries working in Govt. organizations / Academic institutes / Research Institutes / Geospatial Industry / NGOs / or Entrepreneurs having 10 years of experience in service
Monday, 28 March 2023
Rs. 16,000 (includes tuition fee, single boarding/lodging, local transportation, training material, and registration kit) through online transfer or a demand draft of any Nationalized Bank in favour of Pay & Accounts Officer, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, payable at Dehradun.
For any further detail about the course, please contact:
Dr. Harish Karnatak
+91-135-2524354 / 4332
Mr. Kamal Pandey