Profile of Scientist and Scientific Staff
Urban and Regional Studies Department (URSD), formerly known as Human Settlement Analysis Group (since its inception in 1983 in collaboration with ITC, The Netherlands) is engaged in capacity building activities to address the issues in Urban and Regional areas using Geospatial technologies. Since 1983, more than five thousand seven hundred and fifty participants have been trained in Geospatial technologies and their applications in Urban and Regional Studies through various courses, namely M.Tech., P.G. Diploma, NNRMS sponsored training programme for University faculty, special courses for various Ministries and Users Departments, and a special course under IIRS Outreach programme.
It is working closely with Town and Country Planning Departments, Urban Development Authorities, Municipal Corporations and other agencies to build awareness about geospatial applications in Urban and Regional Planning. URSD/IIRS has organised Regional and State Level Workshops on Bhuvan-NUIS. Inputs have been provided to Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India for enhancing geospatial components in Planning syllabi as well as three-tier training programme for AMRUT mission and formulation of URDPFI guidelines.
- M.Tech. in Remote Sensing and GIS (Specialization in Urban and Regional Studies)
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Remote Sensing and GIS (Specialization in Urban and Regional Studies)
- P.G. Diploma Course in Remote Sensing & GIS of CSSTEAP (UN)
- NNRMS-ISRO sponsored certificate course for University faculty
Urban and Regional Studies Department conducts special courses of varying durations for urban and regional planners. The main focus of the special courses is to meet the specific requirements of user agencies for varied applications of Remote Sensing and GIS in urban and regional planning. Some of the special courses organised recently are as follows:
- IIRS Outreach Programme on Geospatial Technologies for Urban Planning: 11 February -15 March 2016; attended by 5183 participants.
- Geospatial Technologies for Smart City Planning: 7-11 December 2015, attended by 33 town planners from all over India.
- Geospatial Technologies for Urban & Regional Planning: 15-26 December, 2014; attended by 31 participants from TCPO, ULBs, Academics, NGO and Pvt. Sector.
- State level Workshop for Stakeholders on Master Plan Formulation using Bhuvan-NUIS: 5 September 2014, 60 participants from various Town Planning Departments of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi States.
- Regional Workshop for Capacity Building of Stakeholders for Master Plan Preparation Using Bhuvan-NUIS: 15 April 2014, attended by 75 participants from Northern region
- Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS: An Overview for HUDCO Officials, 3-7 September 2012, 09 Participants
- Capacity Building Programme for MPUSP: 17-28 January 2011, 12 Participants
- Capacity Building Programme for NCR Planning Board: 3-14 January 2011, 12 Participants
- Capacity Building Programme for NCR Planning Board officials: 28 November 2010 to 10 December 2010, 10 Participants
- Land Information System (LIS) Course: 29 November 2010 to 05 December 2010
- NUIS Training Programme at Working Level: 07 January 2008 to 01 February 2008
- NUIS Training Programme for Decision Makers: 9-11 October 2007
- NUIS Training Programme for Mid-level Officers: 17-28 September 2007, 15 Participants, etc.
- Urban Sprawl Analysis (116 KB)Language: English
- Automatic Shadow Extraction for Urban Feature Extraction (136 KB)Language: English
- Simulation Modelling for Spatial Planning and Management (67.7 KB)Language: English
- Information Extraction of Urban Features (67.9 KB)Language: English
- Modeling of Urban Spatial Growth Dynamics (103 KB)Language: English
- Modeling Temporal & Spatial Growth of Cities (161 KB)Language: English
- Night Time OLS Data for Urban Settlement Pattern Analysis (144 KB)Language: English
- Urban Green Space Analysis (128 KB)Language: English
- Urban Heat Islands (89.1 KB)Language: English
- Identification and Mapping of Informal Settlements (162 KB)Language: English
- LiDAR Data Applications in Urban areas (230 KB)Language: English
- Revitalization of Urban Heritage (175 KB)Language: English
- Urban Landscape Characterization (180 KB)Language: English
- Urban Utilities (230 KB)Language: English
- Property taxation (252 KB)Language: English
- Rooftop Solar Energy Potential estimation (233 KB)Language: English
- Urban Hydrology and Rainwater Harvesting (120 KB)Language: English
- Urban Micro-climate (142 KB)Language: English
- Urban Seismic Hazard (288 KB)Language: English
- Hyperspectral Data Analysis (371 KB)Language: English
- Non-Contact Temperature Thermometer
- Laser Distance Meter
- Digital Sound level Meter (BEHA)
- Scientific Traceable Humidity/ Thermometer
- Data Acquisition System
- Data Logger
- Mobile Mapping Unit GSM PDA GPS
- GPS Mobile Mapping Unit (SX II Blue) Blue Tooth Mapping Receiver (GENEQ)
- Trimble Juno SD Handheld GPS
- Portable Weather Station
- 1. Computer Lab with state-of-the-art facilities
- 2. Lecture room (15 seater)
- 3. Conference-cum-meeting area (15 seater)
Phone : +91-135-2524187
Email : ursd[at]iirs[dot]gov[dot]in
Address : 4, Kalidas Road,Dehradun- 248001 India