The training and capacity building programmes of the Institute are designed to meet the requirements of various target/user groups, i.e., for professionals at working, middle and supervisory levels, fresh graduates, researchers, academia and decision makers. The duration of courses ranges from one-week to two-years. The programmes are meticulously designed by the domain experts, and are then approved by the Board of Studies (BoS) and Academic Council (AC) consisting of eminent subject experts. A team of sixty-four dedicated scientists at IIRS contribute in delivering the course contents. Guest faculties from reputed organizations/institutes in the country and abroad are regularly invited to share their knowledge and experience with the course participants. The training and education programmes conducted by the Institute include:Course Calendar 2021 AICTE Mandatory Disclosures (2022-23) (960 KB)Language: English
- M.Tech. (RS & GIS) in eight disciplines conducted in collaboration with Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Read More
- M.Sc. in Geoinformatics conducted in collaboration with the Faculty of Geo-information Science & Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente (UT), The Netherlands.Read More
- PG Diploma – 9 Specializations (10 months).Read More
- PG Diploma – Geoinformatics conducted in collaboration with the Faculty of Geo-information Science & Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente (UT), The Netherlands.Read More
- Certificate courses – Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics (8 weeks, Sponsored by ITEC/MEA, Govt. of India).Read More
- Certificate Courses for University Faculty – 8 themes (8 weeks, NNRMS–ISRO Sponsored).Read More
- Decision Makers Course (1 week). Read More
- Special on-demand/tailor-made courses (1-8 weeks).Read More
- Awareness programmes, and
IIRS Outreach Programme:
- Live & Interactive courses and
- e-learning courses
Under the Outreach Programmes, the Institute conducts several courses for working professionals, researchers and students through state-of-the-art studio and e-learning concept.
International training programme- CSSTEAP (UN Affiliated Centre)
- Hosting CSSTEAP Headquarters & supporting its activities
- Conducting RS & GIS Educational Programs (PGD/M. Tech. & Short Courses)
- Interface with other ISRO Centres, UN offices, etc. to conduct its academic programmes.
- Short Course on remote sensing for ITEC, Ministry of External affairs, Government of India
The Institute also provides opportunities to external students to pursue their research under the guidance of IIRS faculty. IIRS is a recognized centre for carrying out research leading to PhD by Forest Research Institute (Deemed University), University of Pune, Doon University, Kumaon University, Uttarakhand Technical University and IIT, Roorkee. About 50 researchers who have worked under IIRS faculty have received PhD degrees till date from different universities. External Post-graduate/ Graduate students are also given opportunity to conduct their project work under the guidance of IIRS faculty.