|Phone||:||0135 - 2524182|
|Designation||:||Scientist/Engineer - SG|
|Department||:||Marine and Atmospheric Sciences Department|
|Field of Expertise||:||Ocean Colour Remote Sensing, Thermal Remote Sensing, Atmospheric Aerosol Optical Depth|
|Mail Address||:||Indian Institute of Remote Sensing ISRO, Govt. of India 4, Kalidas Road, Dehradun- 248001 India.|
- Developed Bio-Optical algorithm to retrieve Chlorophyll and Suspended Sediments using under water optical measurements in case-2 waters
- Developed a relationship between the ratio of backscattering to absorption coefficient (bb/a) and Subsurface Reflectance ( R ) for case-2 waters
- Developed a methodology for accurate determination of subsurface reflectance from satellite measured radiance
- Developed Atmospheric correction models for IRS & Landsat-5(TM).
- Developed Algorithms to Retrieve subsurface Chlorophyll & Suspended Sediment Concentration using Landsat-5(TM) and IRS-LISS spectral bands for case-2 waters
- Developed an Algorithm to retrieve Aerosol Optical Thickness from NOAA AVHRR data
- Implemented Chlorophyll and Suspended Sediment Retrieval algorithm from NOAA AVHRR data
- Implemented Non-Spectral Uniform Biomass model to Estimate Oceanic Primary Productivity
- Developed a program to retrieve Temperature from Landsat-5 Band-6 data
- Developed Atmospheric Correction Algorithm and Suspended Retrieval Algorithm for IRS-1C WiFS Sensor
- Retrieval of Aerosol Optical Depth from IRS-P4 OCM sensor
- Determination of EVI from IRS-P4 OCM sensor
- Atmospheric correction to IRS-P4 OCM sensor and retrieval of normalized water leaving radiance
- Determination of Bottom reflectance using IRS-P6 LISS-IV sensor using analytical algorithm in the lagoon waters
- Ph.D. - (Marine Science)
- 1994 Scientist - National Remote Sensing Center, ISRO, DOS
Reviewer of the following Journals
- International Journal of Earth Observation and Geoinformation (Elsevier)
- Journal of Coastal Research
- Journal of Earth System Sciences (Springer)
- Journal of Indian Society of remote Sensing (Springer)
- Atmospheric of Environment (Elsevier)
- Aerosol and Air Quality Research
- International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Journal of Coastal Research
- Current Science
- Mishra A. K., 2014, Retrieval of EVI from Oceansat 2 Data and Comparison with MODIS Derived EVI, Journal of Indian Soc Remote Sens, DOI 10.1007/s12524-014-0369-5
- Salim M., Mishra A.K. and Kant Y, 2014, Estimation of IPAR and Direct Forcing of Aerosol over Dehradun and Surrounding Area (India) Using MODIS Derived Atmospheric Products: A Case Study, Journal of Indian Soc Remote Sens, DOI 10.1007/s12524-014-0383-7
- Myint Myint Khaing and A. K. Mishra, 2013, Integration of ocean color data, thermal sensor data and environmental parameters for assessment of productivity of the coastal water, Asean Engineering Journal, Part C,Vol. 2 No.1, 76-93
- Barnali Das, A. K. Mishra, 2013, Effect of Dust Storm on Phytoplankton Productivity in Arabian Sea, Journal of Remote Sensing & GIS, 33-44, ISSN: 2230 -7990
- Jasleen Kaur Dhillon and A. K. Mishra, 2013, Estimation of Trophic State Index of Sukhana Lake Using Remote Sensing and GIS, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, DOI10.1007/s12524-013-0321-0
- A.K.Mishra, 2012, Retrieval of EVI from Oceansat 2 Data, ISRS 2012, Delhi (5-7-Dec-2012)
- A. K. Mishra & Sanjeevan Kumar, 2012, Utility of Primary Productivity Map for Fishery Forecasting, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, DOI 10.1007/s12524-012-0223-6
- M. Salim & A. K. Mishra , 2012, Seasonality and Latitudinal Variation of Water Vapour and Aerosol Optical Thickness and Their relationship Over Tropical Indian Ocean, Journal of Indian Soc Remote Sens, DOI 10.1007/s12524-012-0222-7
- A.K. Mishra and Yogesh kant, 2012, Analysis of Aerosol Optical Depth from Oceansat-2 and comparison it with MODIS Data, Scientific Progress Report, ARFI, ICARB and RAWEX, 136-138
- Mishra A. K. and Neha Garg, 2011, Analysis of Trophic State Index of Nainital Lake from Landsat-7 ETM Data, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing DOI 10.1007/s12524-011-0105-3
- A. K. Mishra and Sanjeevan Kumar, 2011, Utility and Assessment of Ocean Colour and Thermal Sensor data for Fishery forecasting in the Coastal waters of India. ISRS-2011, Bhopal (9 to 11-Nov-2011)
- Manu Mehta, Shefali Agrawal, A. K. Mishra, 2011, An attempt to estimate vegetation albedo for red and SWIR bands of AWiFS data using MODTRAN as Radiative Transfer Code, National Academy Science Letters, Vol. 34, No. 3& 4, 2011, Pp. 143-146
- Mishra A. K. and V. K. Dadhwal, 2008, Comparison of enhanced vegetation index from IRS-P4 (OCM) and MODIS on Aqua, International Journal of Geoinformatics, Vol. 4, N.4, 57-66.
- Mishra A K , V K Dadhwal and C B S Dut, 2008, Analysis of marine aerosol optical depth retrieved from IRS-P4 OCM sensor and comparison with the aerosol derived from SeaWiFS and MODIS sensor, Journal of Earth System. Science. 117, pp. 361–373
- K. S. Jayappa , D. Mitra , A. K. Mishra ,2006 , Coastal geomorphological and landuse and landcover study of Sagar Island, Bay of Bengal (India) using remotely sensed data, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Volume 27, Number 17 / 10, 3671 – 3682
- Vaibhav A. Mantri and A.K.Mishra, 2006, On monitoring mangrove vegetation of Sagar Island by remote sensing, Nat. Acad. Sci. Lett., Vol. 29, No. 1,2, 45-48
- G.Muralikrishna, D.Mitra, A.K.Mishra, Sh.Oyuntuya and K.Nageswara Rao, 2005, Evaluation of semi-automated Image Processing Techniques for Identification and Delineation of Coastal Edge using IRS, LISS-III Image –A case Study on Sagar Island, East Coast of India, International Journal of Geoinformatics, Vol 1, No.2, 67-76.
- Mishra, A.K., 2004, Retrieval of Suspended Sediment Concentration in the estuarine waters using IRS-1C WiFS data, International Journal of Applied Earth Observations and Geoinformation,vol,.683-95
- Mishra A.K. and Rao, D.P, 2002, Relationship between sub-surface diffused reflectance and inherent optical properties in the coastal waters, International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol.23.No.3., 477-488.
- Mishra A.K. and Nath A.N., 1999, Determination of satellite nadir and azimuth angle for a tilting sensor, International Journal of Remote Sensing,1999, vol.20.No.17, 3265-3272.
- Mishra, A.K., and Sridhar, P.N., 1991, The Retrieval of Ground Reflectance for the Red and Near Infra-red Bands using IRS-1A(LISS-1) data. Asian Pacific Remote Sensing Journal,4,117-122.
- Prasad, K.S., Mishra, A.K., 1988, Remote Sensing for Planing and Desision Making in Fishery Management.Ocean Science and Technology,1, 19-21.
- Prasad, K.S., Mishra, A.K.,1988, Secchi-disk Chlorophyll Relationships, Journal of Marine Biological Association of India,(30)(1&2),157-159.
- Sridhar, P.N., Mishra, A.K., and Prasad, K.S., 1988, Bathymetry Retrieval from Landsat Thematic Mapper(TM). Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, 18, 147-148
- Mishra,A.K., Prasad,K.S., Subramanian,V., and Bhattacharya,A., 1988, Bio-Optical Studies in Bay of Bengal Waters off Madras Coast, India. Indian Journal of Marine Sciences,17,99-101.
- Prasad,K.S., Mishra,A.K., and Subramanian,V.,1987, Application of Chlorophyll Algorithms to the Bay of Bengal waters.Mahasagr,Bull.of National Institute of Oceanography,20(4),237-242.
- Sudarshana,R., Mitra D.,Mishra A.K.,2000, The Philosophy of ‘Subtle Issues’ in Coastal Management, Subtle Issues in Coastal Management edited by R.Sudarshana, D.Mitra, A.K.Mishra, P.S.Roy and D.P.Rao, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing(NRSA), 1-10.
- Mitra, D.,Sudarshana R., Mishra A.K.,2000, Rapidly Changing Coastal Environment: Hidden Risks of Coast of Gulf of Cambay, Gujurat, Subtle Issues in Coastal Management edited by R.Sudarshana, D.Mitra, A.K.Mishra, P.S.Roy and D.P.Rao, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing(NRSA), 149-157
- Sridhar,P.N., Prasad,K.S., Mishra,A.K., and Chari, S.T, 1988, Utility of Remote Sensing Technique for Identification of suitable ground for Brackish water Aquaculture. Aquaculture Productivity, Edited by Sinha,V.R.P, and Srivastav, H.C., OXFORD & IBH, New Delhi, 167-173.
- A.K.Mishra , Rahul K. Pandey and A. Mukhopadhya, 2006, Application of Analytical Algorithm to Classify Near Shore Substrate Types and Coral Reef Environment, ISPRS-TC-IV, International Symposium on"Geospatial Data bases for sustainable Development", Sept 27-30, 2006, Goa, India, 794-799
- Mishra A.K., Mitra D., Nair A.G. and Nagma, 2002, Identification of suitable sites for construction of cyclone shelters in the coastal districts of Orissa using Remote Sensing and GIS, ISPRS Technical Commission VII Symposium on- Resource and Environmental Monitoring,Hyderabad,India.Vol.34,Part7.
- Mishra, A.K., Sridhar, P.N., and Prasad, K.S., 1989, Bathymetry Retrieval Algorithm for Coastal Water [Case-II] from Landsat-5 Thematic Mapper data. IGARSS’89, Remote Sensing: An Economic Tool for the Nineties, Vancouver, Canada, IEEE No.89C112768-0, Volume 2, 705-708.
- Mishra, A.K., Nath, A.N., Rao,K.H., and Rao, M.V., 1994, Remote Sensing of Sea Surface Chlorophyll Concentration using Indian Remote Sensing Satellite (IRS-1B) in Coastal Case-2 Waters. Presented in the Seminar organised by Indian Geophysical Union
- Rahul K. Pandey, A.K.Mishra , and A. Mukhopadhya, 2006, RS and GIS Application for assessment for environmental factors and pearl oyster culture areas in Minicoy Island, ISPRS-TC-IV, International Symposium on “Geospatial Data bases for sustainable Development”, Sept 27-30, 2006, Goa, India, 800-805.
- Gejo Anna Geevarghese, A.K.Mishra, Alok Saxena, S.P.S Kushwaha, 2006, Mapping coral reef habitat of South Andaman: A comparative analysis of different multi spectral data sets, ISPRS-TC-IV, International Symposium on “Geospatial Data bases for sustainable Development”, Sept 27-30, 2006, Goa, India, 817-823.
- Mitra D., Mishra A.K. and Phuong T., 2002, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS for coastal Zone Management in Sagar Island, Bay of Bengal, ISPRS Technical Commission VII Symposium on- Resource and Environmental Monitoring,Hyderabad,India.Vol.34, Part7.
- Nath, A.N., Mishra,A.K., Rao,K.H., and Rao, M.V., 1993, Coastal Oceanographic Processes Through Remote Sensing: Case Studies Along East Coast of India. All India Seminar on Management of Coastal Environment Held at Visakhapatnam Organised by the Institute of Engineers(India) Visakhapatnam Local Centre, 79-87.
- Nath, A.N., Mishra, A.K., Venugopal, G., Nathaniel, D.E., Rao,K.H. and Rao, M.V., 1994, Preliminary results on the Carbon Fixation and Primary Production in the North Indian Ocean. Global Change Studies, Scientific Report, ISRO-GBP-SR-42-94, 193-201
- Narendranath, A., Ramana, T.V., Ebbez Nathaniel, D., Rao, M.V., Venugopal,G., Sasmal,S.K., Mishra, A.K., Jogindranath, D., Suhasini, T.D., and Prasad, V.S., 1993, Application of Thermal Regime Information to Potential Fishing Zone Identification in near Real Time Forecasting. Proceeding of 28th Annual convention and the seminar on ‘Geophysical for Rural Development’ Organised by Indian Geophysical Union, Hyderabad, India, 28-32
- Thiruvengadachari, S., Prasad,K.S., and Mishra, A.K., 1987, Remote Sensing for Marine Fisheries.National Symposium on Utilisation of Living Resources of the Indian Seas(C.I.F.E., Bombay, India).
- Retrieval of Marine Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD) using IRS-P4 (OCM) Sensor Data