|Designation||Scientist/Engineer - SF|
|Department||Academics & RESPOND Department (ARD)|
|Field of Expertise||Geoinformatics, Information Extraction, Geoinformation Management|
|Mail Address||Geoinformatics Department Indian Institute of Remote Sensing ISRO, Govt. of India 4, Kalidas Road, Dehradun- 248001 India.|
- Geoinformatics (Special Focus- Spatial Analysis & Modelling, Geostatistical Analysis, Web enabled Customization),
- Information Extraction (Segmentation, Fractals, ANN),
- Geoinformation Management (Geospatial Database Infrastructure, Business Process Reengineering & Situation Analysis, Process Modelling, Institutional Assessment, Total Quality Management, Workflow Management, UML)
- ISRS (Life Member)
- ISCA (Life Member)
- Indian InSAR Group
- M.Sc. - Physics(Project on ANN)
- Professional Training - ITC, Netherlands
- PGT Physics & Computer Science, Mathura Distt., U.P.
- Senior Faculty, Uptron Academy of Computer Learning, Mathura
- Conferred with All India Young Scientist Award for her research on Geospatial Modelling in Earth Science Section of All India Young Scientist Congress organised during Bhartiya Vigyaan Sammelan, 2007.
- Best Paper Presentation Award by Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata for paper on Information Extraction presented during 94th Indian Science Congress, held during 3-7 January, 2007 at Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- Awarded “Certificate on Merit” by The Institution of Engineers for paper “Post Mining Scenario of the status of Vegetation Cover in Dehradun Mining Belt using Remote Sensing & GIS” in December, 2001.
- Chaired a Technical Session at UN/OOSA/COSPAR/GORS Conference at Damascus, Syria
- Member of Jury for Oral Presenations at ISRS, 2001
- Acknowledged as the Best Presenter at an International workshop on workshop organized at CIRG for the Lead Paper presented on “Applications of Geoinformatics and Remote Sensing in Surveillance and Identification of Animal Diseases”, during Feb., 2007.
- Received a Letter of appreciation through Dean IIRS, from H.S. Gour University, Saugor for Deliberations as a Major Resource Person in a workshop on Remote Sensing and Geoinformatics for Geographers.
- Received “Letter of appreciation” through Dean IIRS, from BSF Academy, Tekanpur for ‘very enlightening and educative talk'.
- The Newly proposed Geoinformation Technology Oriented Planning Process for Forestry Sector (GITOPFS) in India, proposed in M.Sc. Geoinformatics Project of Mr. S.G. Chavan, Supervised by Vandita Srivastava and P.L.N. Raju, has been accepted as a planning tool by the working plan divisions of the Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Compliments received from several universities for Deliveries on Geoinformatics in the three EDUSAT based Training programme of IIRS.
- T. N. Jowhar and Vandita Srivastava, “Propagation of Uncertainties in Geothermobarometry”, Indian Journal of Geochemistry, Volume 21(I), June2006, ISSN 0970 9088, pp 129-138.
- P.L.N. Raju, Jeganathan C., Sameer Saran, Vandita Srivastava, Ram MohanRao and Dadhwal V.K., “Research developments in Geoinformatics – Role of IIRS”, Journal of Indian Society of Geomatics, Special Issue on Geomatics inIndia: Retrospect & Prospect, Vol. 10, No. 4 & Vol.11, No.1, December, 2004 &March, 2005. pp 41-53.
- C. Jeganathan, S.A.Khan, Ramesh Chandra Singh, H. Singh, V. Srivastava and P.L.N. Raju “Characterization of Malaria Vector Habitats using Remote Sensingand GIS”, JISRS, Vol. 29, No. 1&2, March & June 2001, published in 2002, pp 31-36.
- Vandita Srivastava, “Evaluation of various segmentation tools for extraction of urban features, using high resolution remote sensing data”, ISPRS TC-IV, 2006.
- Vandita Srivastava, Sunil Muthiyan & Sandeep Samal “Automatic Tree counting from High Resolution Satellite Image”, 25th ISRS Symposium, BIT, Ranchi, 6-9 December, 2005.
- Vandita Srivastava, “Extracting Building Objects Using Segmentation Programme of ENVI Using High Resolution Remote Sensing Data”, First ENVI User Meet at Delhi on 29th July, 2005.
- Vandita Srivastava, Yola Georgiadou, P.S.Roy, S. Ghosh, “Using OPEN GIS Software to boost Indian NSDI: A conceptual approach”, 7th Int. Conference of GSDI, Bangalore, Feb. 2004
- Gaurav Singh, Yamini Jain, Vandita Srivastava, “Geoinformation Services for Road Safety Mapping and Restructuring NHAI’s Organizational Structure using Management Tools: A Case Study”, Map India Conference, Noida during Jan.28-30, 2004.
- Vandita Srivastava, “Object oriented approach for analysis of R. S. Data”, ISRS symposium, “Advances in R.S. Technology with Special Emphasis on high resolution imagery”, SAC, Ahmedabad, Dec., 11-13, 2001.
- Vandita Srivastava and P.L.N. Raju, “Geoinformatics: from mapping to Animal Husbandry”, IIRS CONTACT New Letter, March 2006.
- Vandita Srivastava, “Comparing Fractal Models for Analysing Vegetation Cover Types at Different Resolutions with Change in Season and Altitude”, IIRS CONTACT New Letter, Mar.2008