|Designation||:||Scientist/Engineer - SD|
|Department||:||Marine and Atmospheric Sciences Department|
|Field of Expertise||:||Atmospheric Physics; Ozone Retrieval|
|Mail Address||:||Indian Institute of Remote Sensing ISRO, Govt. of India 4, Kalidas Road, Dehradun- 248001 India.|
- Atmospheric Physics
- Ozone retrieval from satellite observations
- Life member of Indian Society of Remote Sensing
- Life member of Indian Meteorological Society
- Life member of IIT Delhi Alumni Association
- M.Tech. in "Satellite Meteorology and Global Climate" sponsored by CSSTEAP
- M.Sc.(Physics) - from IIT Delhi
- PG Diploma in “Satellite Meteorology & Global Climate” sponsored by CSSTEAP
- From July,2009 to Dec.,2009 - LPU, Jalandhar as Senior Lecturer.
- Scientist/ Engineer ‘SC’ from April 2010 to Dec 2014
- Scientist/Engineer-‘SD’ Since Jan 2015
- Rank 3 in PG Diploma in “Satellite Meteorology & Global Climate (2013)”.
- First position in School on “RADAR probing of Atmosphere (2011)” at ARIES Nanital.
- CSIR-JRF-NET (dec.2008) & UGC-JRF-NET (dec.2009) qualified.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), 2009 qualified with All India Rank 96.
- JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test), 2009 qualified with All India Rank 54.
- JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.), 2007 qualified with All India Rank 105.
- National Level Science Talent Search Examination, 2004 qualified with All India Rank 370.
- 1st Rank in District and 2nd in Panjab University for B.Sc. 2007.
- Scholarship for Merit in Matriculation Examination 2002; in Senior Secondary Examination 2004; & Graduation 2007.
- National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE)2005-2006: Among top 1% in Punjab
- Jindal P, Pradeep Kumar Thapliyal, Munn Vinayak Shukla, Som Kumar Sharma and Debashis Mitra (2020). Trend analysis of atmospheric temperature, water vapor, ozone, methane and carbon-monoxide over few major cities of India using satellite data. Journal of Earth System Science, 129:60. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12040-019-1325-0
- Jindal P, Thapliyal PK, Shukla MV, Sharma SK and Mitra D. 2019. Satellite based trend analysis of few atmospheric parameters over the Indian region. Advances in Space Research, volume 64, issue 11, pages 2245-2268. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2019.09.008
- Jindal P, Thapliyal PK, Shukla MV, Mishra AK, Mitra D. Total column ozone retrieval using INSAT-3D sounder in the tropics: a simulation study. Journal of Earth System Science 123, No. 6, August 2014, pp. 1265-1271 doi: 10.1007/s12040-014-0477-1
- Pooja Jindal, M. V. Shukla, Som Sharma and P. K. Thapliyal (2016); Retrieval of Ozone Profiles from Geostationary Infrared Sounder Observations using Principal Component Analysis. Quarterly Journal of Royal Meteorological Society, Volume 142, issue 701, pages 3015-3025. Doi: 10.1002/qj.2884 (Impact factor: 3.669).
- Sheetabh Gaurav, Pooja Jindal, Munn Vinayak Shukla and Debashis Mitra. Retrieval of fog/low stratus using satellite data. Abstract accepted in National Space Science Symposium-2019 (NSSS-2019).
- Pooja Jindal. Day time fog estimation from INSAT-3D Imager observations. Abstract accepted in BiGMAP-2019, 25-26 September 2019, Ludhiana.
- Pooja Jindal. Retrieval of fog from INSAT-3D Imager observations. Abstract accepted in TROPMET-2019, 11-14 December 2019, Vishakhapatnam.
- Pooja Jindal Application of AIRS sounding products for trend analysis of temperature, water vapor, O3, CH4 and CO over India. Abstract accepted in ACRS-2019, 14-15 October 2019, Daejeon, Korea.
- Pooja Jindal. Utilization of INSAT-3D data for fog estimation over Indian Region. Summary paper accepted in URSI-RCRS 2020, 12-14 February 2020, IIT BHU, Varanasi.
- Pooja Jindal, Som Kumar Sharma and D. Mitra. Effect of total solar eclipse on UV radiation, ozone and temperature using satellite data. Abstract accepted in National Space Science Symposium-2019 (NSSS-2019)
- Kuldeep Bisht and Pooja Jindal. Information contents analysis of Atmospheric Temperature Profiles from INSAT-3D Sounder Data. Abstract accepted in ISPRS TC V Mid-term Symposium “Geospatial Technology – Pixel to People”, 20–23 November 2018, Dehradun, India.
- Jyoti Sharma and Pooja Jindal. Night Time Fog Detection using Satellite Data over Mongolia. Abstract accepted in ISPRS TC V Mid-term Symposium “Geospatial Technology – Pixel to People”, 20–23 November 2018, Dehradun, India.
- Pooja Jindaland Pradeep Kumar Thapliyal. 2018. Analysis of monthly means of atmospheric temperature, water vapor and few trace gases over Indian region for trend studies. Seminar on Advances in Remote Sensing & GIS Applications, 10-11 May 2018, North-Eastern Space Application Centre, Shillong.
- Sheetabh Gaurav and Pooja Jindal. Radiative transfer model simulations to determine the night time fog detection threshold. Int. Arch. Photogramm. Remote Sens. Spatial Inf. Sci., XLII-5, 511-517, 2018 https://doi.org/10.5194/isprs-archives-XLII-5-511-2018
- Pooja Jindal and Sukhbataar Bold (2016); Night time fog detection using MODIS data over Mongolia. Interactive session of ISRS National Symposium on Recent Advances in Remote Sensing and GIS with Special Emphasis on Mountain Ecosystems, Dec. 7-9, 2016.
- Pooja Jindal and Pradeep Kumar Thapliyal. 2018. Trend analysis of atmospheric temperature and trace gases over Indian region using satellite data. National Conference on Role of Geospatial Technologies to Bridge the Rural and Urban Divide, 22-23 Feb. 2018, Punjab State Remote Sensing, Ludhiana
- Pooja Jindal. Retrieval of ozone profile from simulated INSAT 3D Sounder data. CONTACT, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Vol. 15 (2), December 2013.
- Pooja Jindal. Ozone profile retrieval from Geostationary Infrared Sounder Observations. CONTACT, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Vol. 16 (2), June 2014.
- Pooja Jindal. Trend Analysis of Total Column Methane over Indian Region using Hyperspectral Sounding Products. CONTACT, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Vol. 18 (1), June 2016.
Training, Workshops and conferences attended
- Workshop on Meteorological Satellite Kalpana: A Decade of Service to the Nation, on October 9, 2012 at Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad.
- Training on ArCGIS 10.1 (Sept.26 - 30, 2011) held at IIRS, Dehradun
- Participated in cultural event in “National conference for ISRO women” (March 8, 2011) held at NRSC, Hyderabad
- ISRO Induction Training Programme (Nov.10, 2010 to Feb.22, 2011)
- ISRO-NNRMS sponsored training course on “Remote Sensing and GIS Applications in GIS: Technology and application” held at IIRS, Dehradun (May 03 to June 25, 2010).