|Designation||:||Scientist/Engineer - SD|
|Field of Expertise||:||Hyperspectral Remote sensing|
|Mail Address||:||Geosciences Department, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, ISRO, Govt of India, 4 Kalidas Road, Dehradun – 248 001, India|
- Hyperspectral remote sensing for mineral exploration
- Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS)
- PGD in Geoinformatics, IIRS- ITC joint program.
- M.Sc. (Geology), Govt. Holkar Science College, Indore
- Pursuing PhD from IIT, Roorkee
- Scientist/Engineer-‘SD’ Since Jan 2015
- Scientist-C, IIRS (2009-2014)
- Lecturer, Dept of Civil Engg., IPS Academy, Indore (2007-2008)
- Chattoraj, S.L, Prasad, G., Sharma R., Champati ray, P. K., van der Meer, F. D., Guha, A., and Pour, A. B. (2020). Integration of remote sensing, gravity and geochemical data for exploration of Cu-mineralization in Alwar basin, Rajasthan, India. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 91, 102162, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2020.102162
- Chattoraj, S.L, Sharma R., Kumar, C., Champati ray, P. K., and Sengar, V. (2020). Identification and characterization of hydrothermally altered minerals using surface and space-based reflectance spectroscopy, in parts of south-eastern Rajasthan, India. Springer Nature Applied Sciences, 2(4), https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-020-2225-2.
- Jain Ronak , Sharma R, (2019), Airborne hyperspectral data for mineral mapping in Southeastern Rajasthan,India , Int J Appl Earth Obs Geoinformation 81 (2019) 137–145
- Rathore, V., Kar, S., Champati ray, P. K., Sharma R., Swain, S.K., (2016). Classification and band depth analysis of Hyperion data for identifying metal pollutants in river water, Journal of Hydrology (Elsevier). (doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.03.047)
- Khatun Mahmuda, Sharma R, Chattoraj S.L, Champati ray P.K, Mineralogical Mapping Using Field and Image Based Spectra in Parts of Delhi-Aravalli Fold Belt, Rajasthan, India. International Journal of Economic and Environmental Geology (IJEEG) Vol: 6(1) 8-14, 2015.
- Kumar Chandan, Shetty Amba, Sharma R, Champati Ray P.K., Lithological Discrimination and Mapping using ASTER SWIR Data in the Udaipur area of Rajasthan, India, Procedia Earth and Planetary Science 11 ( 2015 ) 180 – 188
- Kumar C., Shetty A., Raval S., Sharma R., Champatiray P.K., (2015). Lithological Discrimination and Mapping using ASTER SWIR Data in the Udaipur area of Rajasthan, India, Proceedia Earth and Planetary Science (Elsevier), Volume 11, pp 180-188.
- Kumar C., Shetty A., Raval S., Champatray P. K., and Sharma R., (2014).Sub-pixel mineral mapping using EO-1 Hyperion hyperspectral dataInt. Arch. Photogramm. Remote Sens. Spatial Inf. Sci., XL-8, 2014, 455-461.
- Chowdhury Monalisa and Richa U Sharma, (2019), Analysis of AVIRIS-NG data for Mineral Mapping in Udaipur, Rajasthan, National Symposium on Innovations in Geospatial Technology for Sustainable Development with special emphasis on NER, Shillong, November 20-22, 2019.
- Mishra, S., Chattoraj, S.L., Benny, A., Richa U Sharma., Champati ray, P.K., (2019). Processing of AVIRIS-NG data for geological applications in southeastern parts of Aravalli fold belt, Rajasthan, Full paper in MDPI AG 2nd International Electronic Conference on Geosciences session Earth Sciences through Earth Observation, Link: https://sciforum.net/paper/view/conference/6212/, DOI: 10.3390/IECG2019-06212
- Gowthami V, Richa U Sharma. and Champati Ray P.K, (2018) Analysis of multispectral and hyperspectral data for characterization of ore bearing rocks and detection of potential mineralized zones, IEEE Young Professionals Conference on Remote Sensing,2018.
- Jain Ronak, Richa U Sharma. and Kumar Anil, (2017) Mineral Mapping Techniques: A Case Study in Southeastern Rajasthan; Asian Conference on Remote Sensing on Space Applications: Touching Human Lives October 23-27, 2017, New Delhi (India)
- Bhatt Himansi , Kumar A, Richa U Sharma., (2017) comparison of the AVIRIS- NG with EO-I hyperion data for mineralogical Identification, Asian Conference on Remote Sensing on Space Applications: Touching Human Lives October 23-27, 2017, New Delhi (India)
- Chakraborty Rupsa, Richa U Sharma., Sengar Vivek, Champati ray P.K (2017), Mineral Identification by Band Ratios and Feature Oriented Principal Component Selection Techniques in the Bhukia region, Rajasthan; Asian Conference on Remote Sensing on Space Applications: Touching Human Lives October 23-27, 2017, New Delhi (India)
- Prasad, G., Chattoraj, S. L., Richa U Sharma., Sengar, V. K., and Champati ray, P. K., (2016). Role of remote sensing and spectroscopy for cu-mineralization in Alwar basin, north eastern Rajasthan, India: An earth observation initiative towards mineral exploration. Accepted (Ab 0370) in Abstract Proceedings: Asian Conference on Remote Sensing (ACRS), 17th - 21st October 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Shrivastava, Deepali Kumar, Vinay kumar Richa U Sharma, Automated Endmember Extraction for Subpixel Classification of Multispectral and Hyperspectral data, SPIE, 5-7 April 2016
- Sengar, V. K., Venkatesh, A. S., Champati ray, P. K., Chattoraj, S. L., Richa U Sharma., (2016). Mineralogical Mapping in the part of a gold prospect using EO-1 Hyperion data, Commission VI, WG VI/4, Prague ISPRS 2016 conference, July 12-18th, 2016.
- Sengar, V.K., Gokul, P., Richa U Sharma., Chattoraj, S.L., Champati ray, P.K., Venkatesh, A.S., (2016). Application of Remote Sensing data in delineation of hydrothermally altered mineral zones in Parts of Rajasthan and its implications in mineral exploration, ISRS - ISG National Symposium on Recent Advances in Remote Sensing and GIS with Special Emphasis on Mountain Ecosystems, Dehradun (India), 7 – 9 Dec, 2016, p. 338
- Sarpu, S., Nainwal N., Ketholiya Y., Richa U Sharma, Chattoraj S.L., (2016). Multispectral remote sensing mapping for hydrocarbon Seepage – induced Lithologic Anomalies in the Rajpardi Lignite Mine, Gujrat, ISRS - ISG National Symposium on Recent Advances in Remote Sensing and GIS with Special Emphasis on Mountain Ecosystems, Dehradun (India), 7 – 9 Dec, 2016
- Deepali Shrivastava, Vinay Kumar, Richa U Sharma, Comparative Analysis of EO-1 Hyperion & ALI and Landsat-8 OLI Data for Land Use land Cover Classification, ISG Jaipur 15-18 Dec,2015
- Deepali Shrivastava, Vinay Kumar, Richa U Sharma, Automated Endmember Extraction for Subpixel Classification of Multispectral and Hyperspectral data, SPIE, 5-7 April 2016 (selected for oral presentation)
- Kumar C., Shetty A., Champati ray P.K., Sharma R., (2015). Lithological Discrimination and Mapping using ASTER SWIR data: A Case study in the Udaipur Area of Rajasthan, India, International Conference on Global Challenges, Policy Framework & Sustainable Development For Mining Of Mineral and Fossil Energy Resources, GCPF: 2015-20, Surathkal, April 17-18, 2015.
- Sharma U. R., Chattoraj S. L., Champati ray P. K., Kumar C. (2014). Identification of minerals using surface and space based reflectance spectroscopy, in parts of ore rich belt of South Eastern Rajasthan, India,HYSI Conference, Coventry, UK, 15-16 Oct, 2014, p10.
- Sharma U R, Chattoraj S L, Khatun Mahmuda, Champatiray PK (2014). Mineralogical Mapping Using Field and Image Based Spectra in Parts of Delhi-Aravalli Fold-Belt, Rajasthan, Indian Geological Congress, Itanagar , 27-29 Nov 2014.
- Sharma U R,., Chattoraj S L, Champatiray PK, Kumar Rohit,(2014) Hyperspectral data analysis for mineral mapping around Rampura-Agucha and Pur-Banera area, Rajasthan, ISPRS, Hydrabad,9-12 Dec 2014.
- Salaj S.S., Srivastav S.K., Upadhyay R (2013) Spectral Analysis of ASTER data: A Useful Proxy for geological Mapping – An Example , Kerala Science Congress.
- Chaitanya Potla, D. Shanthi priya, Upadhyay Richa (2013) Hyperspectral Image Classification, ISG-ISRS Symposium, 6-7 Dec,2013, Visakhapatnam.
- Gowtham B., Upadhyay R, Srivastav S. K. and Roy P. S.; (2011) “Hyperspectral data analysis for delineating favourable zones of vermiculite occurrence around Sevattur, Tamil Nadu” ISRS Conference Bhopal, 9-11 Nov, 2011.
- Sharma U R., Sengar Vivek, Champati ray P.K, 2017,Generation of Spectral library for the Minerals of Delhi-Aravalli Belt, Rajasthan, India ,IIRS News Letter Contact p no. 10-11,Vol19. No.1 June, 2017
- Sharma U R., Sengar Vivek, Champati ray P.K, 2017,Mapping of minerals using AVIRIS NG data in Umra area, Rajasthan , pg. no. 34-35, AVIRIS Coffee Table Book 2017
- Sharma U R., Sengar Vivek, Champati ray P.K, 2016, Field Campaign Report ISRO-NASA AVIRIS NG Flights in India, IIRS News Letter Contact, and Vol17. No.1 June, 2016
- Sharma U R., 2010. Dimensionality Reduction and Classification of Hyper spectral Images using fast ICA and SVM, IIRS News letter Contact, vol. 12, no1, pp. 5-6
- IITP project report: “Hyperspectral Data Processing for Spectral analysis and Geological Mapping in Udaipur Area, Rajasthan”.
- Sharma U R., Chattoraj, S.L., Champati ray, P.K. (2019). EOAM project: ‘Development of spectral library in mineral rich belt of Rajasthan and Orissa’, Completion Report- Part I: Space and Air Borne Hyperspectral Data Processing and Scientific Outputs & Part II: Spectral Library
- Sharma U R, Sengar Vivek, Chattoraj, S. L Champati Ray P.K, (2019) Spectral Library of rocks and minerals of parts of Aravali fold belt, Rajasthan
- Sharma U R., Sengar Vivek, Champati Ray P.K, (2016), ASTER data analysis to aid in lithological discrimination for mineral exploration in Umra region of Rajasthan, 2016 submitted to GSI, WR.
- 30+ projects have been supervised
- Delivered talk on Remote Sensing for Geology at Govt Holkar Science college , Indore
- Delivered talk on Advances in Remote Sensing at DBS College, Dehradun >
M. Sc/PG Diploma/M. tech/ B. tech project supervision