|Designation||:||Scientist/Engineer - SC|
|Department||:||Agriculture & Soils Department|
|Field of Expertise||:||Soil Resource Inventory, Land Degradation, Hyperspectral Remote Sensing in Soils|
|Mail Address||:||Agriculture & Soils Department, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing ISRO, Govt. of India, 4, Kalidas Road, Dehradun- 248001 India.|
- Soil Resource Inventory
- Land Degradation
- Hyperspectral Remote Sensing in Soils
- Clay Minerals Society of India
- Indian Association of Soil and Water Conservationists
- Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Dehradun
- M.Sc: Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, IARI, New Delhi (2010)
- B.Sc: Agriculture, Kerala Agricultural University (KAU), Vellanikkara (2007)
- 09th January, 2014 – Till Date - Scientist/Engineer –SC, IIRS
- 06th August, 2010 – 07th January, 2014 - UGC JRF (IARI, New Delhi)
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by ASRB, ICAR in September 2010
- Secured 3rd rank in the All India entrance for Ph.D at Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi in 2010
- Qualified the Joint CSIR-UGC-JRF (NET) in Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences for Ph.D conducted in December 2009
- Secured 5th rank in the All India ICAR - JRF examination for admission to P.G courses in 2008
- Received Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) merit scholarship for three years (2004,2005,2006)
- Secured ‘Best Seminar Presentation Certificate’ in the Division of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, IARI during academic session 2011-2012
- Justin George K and Suresh Kumar (2015). Hyperspectral remote sensing in characterizing soil salinity severity using SVM technique – A case study of alluvial plains, International Journal of Advanced Remote sensing and GIS, 4(1), 1344-1360.
- Justin George K and Suresh Kumar (2017). Modelling soil erosion risk in a mountainous watershed of Mid-Himalaya by integrating RUSLE model with GIS, Eurasian Journal of Soil Science, 6(2), 092-105.
- Justin George Kalambukattu, Rajdeo Singh, Ashok K. Patra & Kalaimurthy Arunkumar (2013): Soil carbon pools and carbon management index under different land use systems in the Central Himalayan region, Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section B - Soil & Plant Science, 63:3, 200-205. (NAAS Rating: 7.1)
- Justin George Kalambukattu, Rajdeo Singh, Ashok K. Patra & Kalaimurthy Arunkumar (2013): Land use practices in the Central Himalayan region affect soil enzyme activities and their relationship with carbon pools, Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section B - Soil & Plant Science, 63:5, 403-408. (NAAS Rating: 7.1)
- Ashok K. Patra, Manoj Kumar & Justin George K (2012): Potential Impacts of Climate Change on soil fertility and fertiliser use in India, Indian Journal of Fertilisers, 8: 11, 42-55. (NAAS Rating: 3.8)
- Justin George K, Suresh Kumar and Azimova Madinabonu, “Soil Erosion Risk Assessment using Remote Sensing & GIS in a Himalayan Watershed”, International Conference on AFESA, May 9-10, 2015, JNU, New Delhi (Accepted for Oral presentation).
- Justin George K, Arya Raj R and Suresh Kumar. “Digital Soil Mapping using Remote Sensing, VIS-NIR Spectroscopy and Terrain Parameters”, ISRS Conference, December 7-9, 2016, IIRS, Dehradun (Accepted for Oral presentation).
- Justin George K, Pujarini Dutta, Suresh Kumar and Bhaskar R Nikam. “Geospatial Modelling of Soil Erosion Based on RUSLE and USPED Models in a watershed of Mid-Himalayan Region”, ISRS Conference, December 7-9, 2016, IIRS, Dehradun (Accepted for Poster presentation).
- Yogesh S Ghotekar, Anshu Sharma, Suresh Kumar and Justin George K. “Geospatial Approach in Assessing Land Potential for land use planning – A case study in a watershed of Mid-Himalaya”, ISRS Conference, December 7-9, 2016, IIRS, Dehradun (Accepted for Poster presentation).
- Justin George K. “Soil and Crop Studies using AVIRIS Data”, AVIRIS-NG Science Meet, 12-14 July, 2017, SAC, Ahmedabad (Oral Presentation)
- Justin George K, Vinay Kumar, Abhishek Danodia, Suresh Kumar and A. Senthil Kumar (2017). “Hyperspectral Modelling for Soil Texture Prediction in Semi-Arid Tropical Region of India – A Case Study”, Science Results from Phase – 1 Airborne Hyperspectral Campaign with AVIRIS-NG over India, SAC Ahmedabad, July 2017, 115-120.
- Anil Kumar, Justin George K and A. Senthil Kumar (2017). “Specific Crop/Soil Discrimination form AVIRIS Hyperspectral Data”, Science Results from Phase – 1 Airborne Hyperspectral Campaign with AVIRIS-NG over India, SAC Ahmedabad, July 2017, 110-114.